I MADE IT!!!
I finally arrived at my host family's house in Marilia last evening around 4pm. It was a very long day of traveling with a lot of sitting involved. My flights were good except that there was SO much turbulence on the plane ride from Texas to Sao Paulo... the "fasten seat belt" sign was on the ENTIRE 10 1/2 hour flight! But I am alive and I made it to my destination :)
Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern. I am already adjusting well, and my host family is absolutely wonderful. There is a son my age and a daughter who is 21, and they both speak English pretty well (thank the Lord!!). Everyone is so incredibly welcoming Other than that, I am leaving for the church really soon to meet some of the kids and help out with their program.
This is such a new and exciting time for me, and although I am a little bit homesick, I couldn't have asked for a better situation.
Thank you, Obrigada, again for all of your prayers!!!
I'm glad you're there safe and that you survived all that turbulence! I've flown with you before through "air bumps" and I'm pretty sure both of our eyes were clamped shut and we were holding on to the Karis for dear life... So I hope you had a good seatmate. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it!! We love you and can't wait to hear more about your Brazil adventures. Make sure to take pictures and post them!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brittany
Justine... Praise God that you are in the actual place you have dreamed of and prepared for for so long! Praise God, He's placed you with a wonderful host family! We pray for God's protection and may He guide you through the many adventures you will have. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteLove in Him, Brian and Kathy