Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November??!!

Another month has come and gone. Is it really November already? As it is Spring time here in Brazil, I can't help but feel I have missed out on the usual Fall festivities. Apple picking, pumpkin carving, and watching the leaves turn are just a few of the things I miss about home. However, I am finding ways to infuse some "fall traditions" into my English classes. Just last week, I made apple crisp with my class for women over 50. I have also planned some fall/Halloween activities in my class for children. I am enjoying sharing "American" traditions with the people here, as well as learning more about the Brazilian traditions and culture.

Anyway, things are good. I just moved to the pastor's house after staying with a different family for 2 weeks. I am really learning the meaning of couch surfing, and although it's so much fun staying with different families, I am absolutely exhausted. I think I'm also coming down with a cold (although I'm in denial about it for the time being).

There are only 2 1/2 more weeks until my family comes to visit, which also means I only have 2 1/2 more weeks of English classes. Please pray that these last couple weeks of class would be good, and that God would just be working in the lives of each of my students.


2 comments:

  1. Do you know what November means?? It means I get to see you next month! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we can't believe that the year is up. We have been keeping abreast and have been so encouraged on what you are doing and what you continue to do despite some of the challenges. Looking forward in seeing you back home and hearing face-to-face more on your journey and how he has used you abroad but also how this will sustain back home. Uncle Bert / Auntie Adrienne

    ReplyDelete